We are tenacious, idealistic, and thoughtful - just like our products.
Everyone at Calliope is accomplished, passionate about building useful products, and thoughtful about the impact we make on our industry and our community. Does that sound like you? We'd like to meet you.
The person who fills this role will be key member of the engineering team, working to build, grow and scale the software that drives our Internet of Things devices. We’re looking for an energetic person, who has the drive to solve problems before they arise, can work as part of a team, and has a commitment to getting things done.
- Express and REST APIs
- Blaze and React
- Mocha, ChaiJS
- Design documentation
- Code reviews and pull requests
BS in computer science, mathematics, or engineering strongly preferred. Must have significant experience building and scaling web applications in a professional environment, across several parts of the stack. Experience working on an Agile development team is a plus.
You should be familiar with modern web systems, tools, integrations and workflows. You also should be familiar with data-modeling in a nosql environment and have experience working with Cordova. Meteor experience is preferred.
If you have experience as a team lead or engineering manager, that is a plus. Compensation includes salary, benefits, and equity.
Calliope is seeking a senior data scientist to synthesise and leverage our growing data set of real life water use to enhance automatic categorization of future water use and bring data-driven features to fruition. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Develop and enhance our data disaggregation algorithms
- Work with the UX team to create meaningful data visualization to our customers
- Perfect machine learning algorithms to improve water use categorization for new and existing customers
- Create machine learning algorithms to predict customers’ future water use and bills
- Leverage existing data to give customers recommendations on how to best use their water
- Extrapolate from our customers’ water use to analyze for geographic trends
- Constantly work to ensure that Calliope’s products are the smartest in the field
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience with time-series analysis techniques
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, HMM, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, weighted gaussian mixture models, density estimation techniques, etc.
- Strong experience with Python, NumPy, SciPy, and related packages.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as D3.js
- Experience with MongoDB
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality
- Experience with Cython a plus
- SQL background a plu
Significant experience with machine learning is required, along with a MS in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline. Compensation includes salary, benefits, and equity.